As a group Faber Teater is born in Chivasso (Torino, Italia) in 1995 from a workshop of research theatre in the Secondary School.
From 2009 we have been obtaining the support of Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali. The group is made of 2 actresses, 4 actors, a promoter and various collaborators.
We put at the centre of our artistic life the actor's work, the group theatre, we cultivate the actor-spectator relationship, we are in the unbroken and moving research of "our theatre" made of thought, action, ideas, shows, barter, quality and diligence in our job.
It is desire of this theatrical project to present not only the "final product", the show, but as well the research, the passion, the aritsan care that support this job, with the hope of thrilling the audience not only to the theatrical language, but also and mainly to the strength and energy that grow from the commitment used in an experience that thrill the person, makes it available, creates it artfully.
We do believe in the spectacular moment as an intense exchange of emotions, energies, "stories" with the audience and the places, often non-conventional that we choose for presenting our artistic life.
Tha word "faber" is the latin for smith, maker, the artisan, he loves, takes care, builds his art, his tools; he uses and take care of his tools, and continuously searches for new possibilities for his artistic life. For us the actor, the actress, the man and women working in theatre uses the body and the mind as tools of its craft to discipline, mould and strengthen the body, the mind, the soul.
We live different moments in our artistic life: from the research on the actors' work, to the creation and distribution of our shows, from the planning to the realization of thearical, pedagogical, cultural moments.
Speaking of our artistic route, we do believe in selfpedagogy, in search of a collective and individual training, a preparation that goes through different traditions, we investigate in words far and near: from yoga to dance, from acrobatcis to the use of stilts, from singing to storytelling, to the study of musical instruments.
Since 2004 we have chosen to deepen our voice, musical an educational research with Antonella Talamonti. In intensive work sessions we do investigate our capabilities and awareness thoroughly. She takes care of the musical directions of faber's shows.
Over these years we have chosen to confront ourselves and work with many women and men of theatre, people we do respect greatly, from them we learned, shared and are still sharing part of our job, some of them are: Mario Barzaghi, Claudia Contin e Ferruccio Merisi, Andrea Brugnera, Naira Gonzales, Rocco De Paolis, Mario Chiapuzzo, Antonella Talamonti, Luciano Nattino.
In these years we have been creating and touring with severals shows, many for streets, squares and non-conventional places: emigranti and FabefEst are the two shows we have been touring most with.
We been invited in many festivals in prestigious capitals and in the most remote villages, in big theatres and tiny squares, we did perform for little audiences and hundreds of youngsters. (Italy, France, Switzerland, UK, Portugal, Spain, Slovenia, Romania, Russian Federation, Poland, Ecuador, Domincan Republic, Brazil, Denmark, Sweden). Our shows are strongly based on the actors and actresses physical and vocal work and research, till now the quality of our project has made faber's shows successfull all over.
- FETEN, Festival de artes escenicas para niñas y niños, 2017, Gijon (Spain)
- deSidera, 2016, Cepino, Santuario della Cornabusa (Bergamo, Italy)
- Exilles il Forte, 2016, Exilles (Torino, Italy)
- Asti Teatro, edizioni 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2016, Asti (Italy)
- Straatkunstenfestival Del Mundo, 2016, Maasmechelen (Belgium)
- International Eskisehir Childern and Youth Theater's Festival, 2016, Eskisehir (Turkey)
- Marivan International Street Theatre Festival, 2015, Marivan and Tehran (Iran)
- Racconti di qui e d'altrove, editions 2003, 2005, 2011 and 2015, Arzo (Switzerland)
- EXPO, Milano 2015 (Milano, Italy)
- Le Son de l'Ange, 2015 Courmayeaur (Aosta, Italy)
- Festival Pirineos Sur, 2015, Sallent de Gallego (Spain)
- Festival en Beaujolais, several editions between 2005 and 2015, Villefranche sur Saône (France)
- Les jeudis de Perpignan, editions 2015 and 2008, Perpignan (France)
- Les Grimaldines, editions 2015 and 2004, Grimaud (France)
- Corposamente 2015, Castiglione di Ravenna (Ravenna, Italy)
- Walser Festival, 2015, Gressoney, (Aosta, Italy)
- Festivalul International de Teatru de la Sibiu, editions 2006, 2007 and 2015, Sibiu (Romania)
- Kunsten Op Straat, Zwolle, Oldenzaal, 2015 (Nederlands)
- La fabbrica delle idee, edizioni 2014 e 2015, Racconigi (Torino, Italy)
- Ana Desetnica International Street Theatre Festival, 2007 and 2014, Ljubliana, Maribor (Slovenia)
- Festa nei vicoli dell'anticho casale, 2014, Stignano (Reggio Calabria, Italy)
- I luoghi dell'Adda, 2014, Imbersago (Lecco, Italy)
- Notti sabbatiche , 2014, Busca (Cuneo, Italy)
- Calderone, 2014, Treviolo (Bergamo, Italy)
- Internationale Kulturbörse, 2014, Freiburg (Germany)
- Fira Mediterrània, 2013, Manresa (Spain)
- L'ultima luna d'estate, 2013, Sirtori (Lecco, Italy)
- L'Humour des notes, 2013, Haguenau (France)
- Cultural night, 2013, Breda (Nederlands)
- 1th International Gaziantep Children And Youth Theater Festival, 2012, Gaziantep (Turkey)
- 15th International Ritual - Traditional Theater Festival , 2011, Tehran (Iran)
- Fadjr International Theater Festival, 2011, Tehran (Iran)
- Giocateatro 2011, (Torino, Italy)
- Le strade del teatro, 2011, Abbiategrasso (Milano, Italy)
- FIT-BH 2010, Belo Horizonte (Brazil)
- Passage 10 nu.2010, Helsingor (Denmark)
- Halmstad International Theatre Festival, 2010, Halmstad (Sweden)
- Mercantia, 2010, Certaldo (Firenze, Italy)
- FITEI 2010, Porto (Portugal)
- Sztuka Ulicy, 17th International Street Art Festival, 2009, Varsovie (Poland)
- Asti Teatro, editions 2009, 2010 and 2011, Asti (Italy)
- Il centro e la circonferenza, 2009, Bergamo (Italy)
- Les beaux dimanches du Mont Noir, 2008, Hazebrouck (France)
- The Arkhangelsk International Street Theatre Festival, 2008, Arkhangelsk (Russia)
- Festival del Ticino, 2008, Vergiate (Varese, Italy)
- Tracce di teatro d'autore, 2008, San Giorgio di Piano (Bologna, Italy)
- ReGiò, 2008, Reggio Emilia (Italy)
- FITE-Q: Festival Internacional de Teatro Experimental de Quito, 2007, Quito and Guayaquil (Ecuador)
- Incroci, 2007, Carignano (Torino, Italy)
- Il sacro attraverso l'ordinario, 2007, Torino (Italy)
- Fira de teatro al Carrer, 2007, Tàrrega (Spain)
- L'Arlecchino Errante, 2007, Pordenone (Italy)
- Silence Day 2007, Lovere (Bergamo, Italy)
- Chalon dans la rue 2007 and 2009, Chalon sur Saône (France)
- Ana Desetnica International Street Theater Festival, 2007, Ljubliana, Maribor (Slovenia)
- 5° Festival Internacional Marioetas, 2006, Vilanova de Famalicão (Portugal)
- Festival La Strada, 2007, Targu Mures (Romania)
- Teatro e colline 2006 and 2007, Calamandrana (Asti, Italy)
- Scen'è sonniu, Porto Vecchio (France)
- Treppinfira 2005, 2006 and 2009, Russi di Romagna (Ravenna, Italy)
- La macchina dei sogni 2005, directed by Mimmo Cuticchio, Polizzi Generosa (Palermo, Italy)
- Jerzu Teatrofestival 2005, organised by Cada Die, Jerzu (Nuoro, Italy)
- Stockton International Street Festival 2005, directed by Franck Wilson, Stockton (UK)
- Cardiff International Street Festival 2005, Cardiff (UK)
- Tessere memoria: gli spettacoli di Faber Teater, organised by Teatro due mondi, 2005, Faenza (Ravenna, Italy)
- Incontri 2004, organised by Compagnie Nicole et Martin, Losone (Switzerland)
- Teatro al naturale, editions 2004 and 2005, parco La Mandria, Venaria (Torino, Italy)
- Saltinpiazza, 2004, Viarigi (Asti, Italy)
- Theatropolis 2004, Moncalieri (Torino, Italy)
- Venezia porta d'oriente, 2004, Ceggia (Venezia, Italy)
- IV Festival Internacional de Teatro de Santo Domingo, 2003 (Dominican Republic): the
tourné was made possible thanks to the contribution of the Italian Embassy in S.to Domingo
- Teatri Andanti, several editions between 2003 and 2011, Orta (Verbania, Italy)
- V Fimo, 2003, Ovar (Portugal)
- Festas Antoninhas 2003, Vilanova de Famalicão (Portugal)
- Théâtre des Moissons, 2002, Buire-au-Bois (France)
- Chivasso in scena, several editions between 2002 and 2006, Chivasso (Torino, Italy)
- La sera del dì di festa, 2002 and 2006, Trieste (Italy)
- Rencontres franco-italiennes de Théatre de rue, several editions between 1995 and 2011, Menton (France)
We do create, organise, project important cultural and theatrical events in our territory.
From 1999 until 2014, we have organized the summer festival Teatri di confine
, which involved 39
municipalities in the provinces of Alessandria, Asti, Biella, Torino and Vercelli, with the support of
these four Provinces, of Regione Piemonte, of S. Paolo and CRT foundations of Turin.
Who we are: